Stella's Fish Pie
By Stella Clark
Warm hearts and bellies with this delicious recipe using Amity Fish Pie mix. This one is a firm favourite with the whole family in Stella’s house.
Prep time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 1 Hour.
- 450g ‘Luxury Fish Pie Mix’ from Amity
- 500ml milk for sauce + extra for poaching
- 50g butter
- 50g plain flour
- 150g extra mature cheddar
- Puff Pastry
- 1 egg – optional
For Vegetable Hash Side – optional
- 2 carrots
- 1 broccoli head
- 1 onion
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 handful of mushrooms
- Olive oils
- Salt and pepper
- Mixed herbs
For Fish Pie:
1. Using a large pot, start by poaching the fish in milk until it is no longer translucent. Use enough milk to cover the fish. Once the fish is done, set it aside.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter and add our to create a roux. Gradually add milk (from the poached fish) and whisk until the mixture is thick and smooth.
3. Add the grated cheese and continue to stir until the cheese has melted.
4. Add the cheese sauce and the fish to a pie dish and set aside to cool.
5. Roll out the puff pastry to fit the pie dish and place on top. Brush beaten egg on the puff pastry, so it crisps nicely on top.
6. Add the cheese sauce and the fish to a pie dish and set aside to cool. Cook in the oven for 45 min – 1 hour depending on the size of the dish.
7. Serve and enjoy!
For Vegetable Hash Side:
1. Chop the vegetables to roughly the same sized pieces.
2. Lay them out in a large baking tray. Add a good glug of olive oil and the salt, pepper, aromat and mixed herbs.
- You can use mash as a topping instead of Pastry
- Add prawns to the pie mix to add a twist to the filling
- Don’t like salmon? Use our smoked haddock pieces as a great alternative this fish pie mix.
About Your Luxury Fish Pie Mix
This pie mix consists of responsibly sourced Scottish Haddock, Smoked Haddock and West Coast Salmon for a pie filling that is as delicious as it is nutritious!
Featuring a mix of white and oily fish, this pie mix contains the 2 portions of seafood (one oily) recommended by the NHS as part of your daily diet.