Smoked Haddock Pie & Mash
By Rebecca's Cookery
A twist on the classic fish pie! Using smoked haddock, leeks, a creamy gruyere cheese sauce and golden filo pastry, these pies make a delicious dinner.
Cooking Time 1 Hour.
- 600g Smoked haddock (cut into small chunks)
- 1 Medium leek
- 150g Gruyere (grated)
- 500ml Semi skimmed milk
- 25g Unsalted butter
- 25g Plain flour
- 4 Sheets filo pastry
600g Maris piper potato
4 tbsp Salted butter
4 tbsp Double cream
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 (fan).
2. Slice the leek and fry with one table spoon butter and one table spoon olive oil, once cooked set aside.
3. Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the flour, whisk to make the roux. Cook off the flour for one minute.
4. Gradually add the milk, whisking well after each addition to get rid of any lumps. Once smooth keep on a low heat and whisk until reached a thick sauce.
5. Cut the smoked haddock into small chunks.
6. Once the sauce has thickened add the gruyere cheese and mix until melted. Now add the leeks and smoked haddock and mix well to combine. If you think your sauce seems too thick add a couple of tablespoons of milk.
7. Fill the ramekins with the fish pie mix. Now cut the sheets of filo pastry into rectangles and scrunch on top of the pie mix. Place the ramekins on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
8. Meanwhile peel, cut & boil your potatoes. Drain and let them dry steam in the pan for a minute then mash, adding the butter and cream. Season with salt & pepper and serve with the fish pie.
Long time customer and Amity contributor Rebecca’s Cookery, aka Rebecca Chalmers, is an Aberdeenshire-based food blogger with a passion for local produce. A self-taught home cook, Rebecca loves trying out new recipes at home and sharing her easy to follow guides on her Instagram, @rebeccascookery while also working fulltime. As a customer-turned brand ambassador for Amity, we love Rebecca’s dishes and especially how versatile she is with her seafood! You can check out her profile and recipes here.