Amity Fish Company Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Amity Fish Company Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 11/09/2020.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers, shop alerts or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
When visitors leave reviews on the site we collect the data shown in the review form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force May 2018. This legislation replaces existing data protection laws and governs how companies collect, hold and use people’s personal data.
Amity Fish Company Ltd is committed to GDPR compliance and strengthening the security and protection of its customers and employee’s data.
Amity Fish Company Ltd therefore abides by the following customer data safeguarding principles: –
- Only data specifically necessary for the supply of goods to customers will be collected and stored
- Customer data is only stored electronically within our premises centralised system and backup disks. These can only be accessed by Directors and Senior Staff
- Any printed documentation that includes customer data is stored at our premises under lock and key. The only key holders are Directors and Senior Members of Staff.
- All printer documentation is shredded at time of disposal.
- CCTV camera recordings at our premises will not be kept longer than is necessary for the maintenance of good security
- Our customers have a permanent right to request that all data be erased at any time. If you wish to be erased from our systems, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
We only use customer data in processing the fulfilment of customer orders, and optional communication of any commercial news and offers.
None of our customer data is transferred to any third party for marketing purposes.
We expect all our suppliers to have GDPR procedures in place and encourage customers to familiarise themselves with GDPR.
All our staff are familiar with the importance of GDPR and their personal responsibilities to protecting customer data.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a review, the review and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up reviews automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left reviews, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor reviews may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Data Protection Officer
Amity Fish Company Ltd
Tel 01779 474609
email [email protected]