Cod & Chorizo Orzella
By Rebecca's Cookery
An easy/cheat version of a classic paella! Spanish flavours but made quicker for a weeknight meal
I love paella as it reminds me of being in the sunshine and we are all dreaming of holiday vibes right now. This only took me 15 minutes to make so it was perfect for a weeknight dinner! I hope you enjoy the recipe 🙂
- 2 Cod Fillets (cut into large chunks)
- 100g Chorizo (diced)
- 1 White onion (finely diced)
- 2 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 600ml Knorr Chilli & Tomato stock
- 150g Orzo
- 1 Red pepper (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 Handful parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 Lemon (juice only)
1. Heat olive oil in a large pan and fry the onion, once its started to soften add the chorizo. When the oil has released from the chorizo add the garlic & red pepper and cook for 30 seconds.
2. Now add the orzo to the pan and mix well to coat in the chorizo oil. Add the 600ml of stock along with salt, pepper and the smoked paprika. Leave on a medium – high simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure the orzo doesn’t stick. If it starts to look a dry then add a little water.
3. After the 8 minutes the stock should have reduced a little, now reduce the pan to a low simmer and top the orzo with the cod. Put a lid on the pan and leave to cook for 5 minutes.
4. Serve with lemon juice and parsley.
About Your Cod
Our cod portions arrive frozen in vacuum packs of 2 x 115g.
These portions are skinless and boneless.
Cod is a beautiful white fish, mild in flavour and with a great flaky texture meaning it continues to be one of the country’s most popular fish.
Customer turned brand ambassador Rebecca's Cookery AKA Rebecca Chalmers, is a local foodie passionate about local produce. Her delicious recipes are easy to follow and showcase Amity's great Scottish seafood - allowing you to create flavoursome seafood dishes in the comfort of your own home.